• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better.....Samsung or Hynix????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCFreek14

i just replaced my 9800 pro...and this one has hynix ram insted of samsung........and i was just wondering if one was better than the other.

PCFreek14 said:
i just replaced my 9800 pro...and this one has hynix ram insted of samsung........and i was just wondering if one was better than the other.

The brand don't really make one memory better than the other, it's the clock frequency and latency. For 9800pro, hynix is considered a better memory because it is used in XT as well. But then again, X800 series uses Samsung, the GDDR3 memory.

ya thats kinda what i fiqured, but ya o well we'll see how she overclocks.....but there is something that scares me....i was just reading that vga silencer post about the fan spinning wrong and ya im wondering if thats the reason my old 9800 craped out.......... so ya the overclocking might have to wait.

well hynix is a little better on this card.....not enough for me to get all excited.....with my samsung i got 371.25 and on this one i can get 384.25 without artifacts. in conclusion the brand doesn't mean a damn thing.

Back