• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IQYHA 35W is out @ ExcaliberPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmmm. Didn't someone earlier (can't remember if it was in Sen's thread or not) talk about the 35W chips seeming to have a lower max ceiling for allowable volts/heat when overclocking than the 45W ones did? I can't recall ... I wonder how much truth there is to that.

I wouldn't think 35W mobiles need as much voltage as other 45W mobiles to reach the same speed, I mean that is the reason XP-M has been a nice ocing piece.

CandymanCan said:
People who have gotten the 35w cpu'snoticed no real diff in overclocking over the 45w personally i would still buy the 45w 2600+ IQYHA

That's debatable. I found a 35W chip that hit what my current mobile could hit, but at .1-.2 less on the voltage. His chip hit 2.5 at 1.7. Mine only hit 2.4 at that speed. :drool: I want a 35w mobile.

not worth it. and yea.. there is a different ceiling to work under. 45w chips do great and at times excel over 35w.

not saying 35w cant achieve over its 45w counterpart, but it doesnt seem like on average they do. there are exceptions to every rule though.

my 45w performs different, which I feel is a bit better then my 35w, when comparing the differences.

Back