• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good deal on X800 XT? :snicker:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ri0

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/simprod.asp?pid=9122&ad=pwatch

Hmmmm.... Tempting????

roflcopter.gif

Seems just a tad over priced. Donchathink?

But they make up for it with free ground shipping! :D

ROFL copter indeed. I wonder how many people will pay that insane price just to get it a few weeks early.

Com on! it not only has 16 pipelines but they are EXTREME pipelines, I think it must give way better performance than those normal 16 pipeline cards! :)

/end sarcasm

Yep, ROFL copter indeed. 639? That's only for those people who have more money than sense.

I payed 545 bucks for a 9800pro lol it is canadian those, I am going to get this card when I get my new socket t system.

Now I can see paying that much if it had all the goodies like the Asus cards do, but thats just a card, a few cables, and a driver. I think I will take my chances on the Asus AX800 Pro and possibly to the conductive ink XT mod that is if I get one of the prized cores with the number 1 at the end of the code. I just hate seeing companies take advantage of loyal customers by ripping them off then again the people who are willing to pay that much for them are suckers(no offense but its true unless your have gobs of money and use it to wipe with).

bojangles said:
Can someone explain the Copter joke, I didn't get it(obviously) and the meaning is killing me.

Oh now you're killing me! LOL I am sorry, can't help it... LOL

Think about it- *Over $600 for a video card* Is that not crazy funny? You could buy a entire computer for that much! (ok, not a great one, but maybe a dell or something) I wouldn't spend over $200 for a near top of the line card!!

Hunting for these new top of the line video cards is depressing. For all practical purposes, I cannot purchase either the 6800 ultra or x800 xt. Nice paper launch on both of these cards!

If the price for the top "XT Platinum Edition"card remain at > $600 it will join the ranks of the other recent products that carry incredibly high prices like the EE P4's and FX CPU's. Not a good trend in my view, especially when the midfield products are cut down at the knees from the factory (like the Pro cards, workaround or not).

Back