• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about case airflow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeanTownBrawler

Ok heres what Ive got:

2 intake fans in the front
2 exhaust fans in the rear

these are all very weak panaflos and are not doing much, so im adding a window and 2 panel fans.

i dont know much about airflow, so if the two window fans just blow air into the case and onto the cpu, will that be fine? im also considering getting a pci exhaust for the lower left corner of the case because its sort of blocked off from the air flow right now due to my big video card and the exhaust from the video card isnt going anywhere. so if i got a window fan it would blow air into that area which would increase the buildup, so i think the pci exhaust would help.

does this sound good?

sounds good, but in my experience, I took out my pci blower, and my temps didn't change. But I think the window fans may make a difference

That sounds really good. Maybe you want to put a fan in the top of the case, too? It's a really easy mod, and it's a good thing to have since the hot air rises. So far it sounds great, though.

Also, if you are worrying about dust, you want to have the same amount of air going in as you have going out.

OLMI said:
Also, if you are worrying about dust, you want to have the same amount of air going in as you have going out.

so then maybe ill add use the antec case fans for my exhaust (since they are more powerful) and put the panaflos on the window. cool thx

Have you removed the fan grids from the case yet? You might want to make a test panel out of corrugated cardboard to test the positions and effectivness of the side fans before you cut your side panel..:) What do the labels say on the Panaflo fans.. A top blow hole is usually benificial, larger the better..:D

Back