• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i mod a *****9600se**** gasp!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyfury

any suggestions ?please help...i got this crappy card because i got tired of waiting for the x800xt.

my question is why did you buy that POS in the first place, when you can easily get more FPS with a simple 9200, the 9600se is one of the worst cards available.
just mod it yourself with a custom heatsink or see how high you can oc it on stock cooling. either way it will not even come close to being a "good card"

yeah, bring that thing back for a full refund and get yourself a descent card. do some volt mods to it/ add stock cpu heatsink + ramsinks to it.

You wont get a lot out of that card, because it has 64bit ram, as opposed to the 128bit ram of 9600's and 256bit of 9700+'s. You cant mod ram. Just take it back.

it does have 128 ram, i think it also has 350 core? i'll check tonight...

It has 128mb, but the ram is 64bit, so it has half the bandwidth per mhz of a 128bit card, and 1/4 that of a 256bit card. The core is the same as on the np I think.

the reason i got that card was that while i was in one of my weekly
**""I GOTTA OC AND PUSH EVERYTHING IN MY RIG""** cycles i busted up my 9600 aiw pro...i was stuck trying to play far cry on my old geforce 2 mx400...
needless to say that was going well! so then the computer show came around and i decided to buy that card untill the x800xt pe that i pre ordered gets here...at least now i can play somewhat descent...lol

Back