• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max voltage for these mobiles?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DumpALump

Old Intel Northwoods had some problem with dying when having over 1.75v(funny cause I've had mine for 3 years at 1.79). So I was wondering what would the max voltage on these chips be if you watercooled it and actively cooled the mosfets?

I've given my 2500+ M 2.25 volts with no probs. Didn't really help with OC much though. Got as hot as 55°c.

The max rated voltage AMD specifies for them are like 1.97-2.0v, The desktops are like 2.1v.

I wouldnt go above 1.9v if i was on Air and my temps were in the 50's, water is a diff story.

2.2v here no problem.
just make sure your temps dont go over 53ish... I have my shutdown temp set at 53C

I just bought a 1.35V, 35 Watt XP-M 2200+ (AXMD2200FJQ4C, AQYHA0415UPMW)

Voltage (J)= 1.35v
Die Temperature (Q)= 100C
L2 (4)= 512K
Manufactured Week 15 of 2004

I'm running it presently at 2.2 GHz (220MHz x 10)@ 1.75V, w/a temperature of 51C, and the the memory set at 2,3,3,11.

Shouldn't the temperature on it should be good up to 100C, if the die temperature (Q)= 100C?

UPDATE: I upped the FSB to 225 MHz and lowered my voltage to 1.65V, thus lowering my temperature 2C. So far, so good. :)

Last edited:
GoHack said:
I just bought a 1.35V, 35 Watt XP-M 2200+ (AXMD2200FJQ4C, AQYHA0415UPMW)

Voltage (J)= 1.35v
Die Temperature (Q)= 100C
L2 (4)= 512K
Manufactured Week 15 of 2004

I'm running it presently at 2.2 GHz (220MHz x 10)@ 1.75V, w/a temperature of 51C, and the the memory set at 2,3,3,11.

Shouldn't the temperature on it should be good up to 100C, if the die temperature (Q)= 100C?

No Way. The max AMD says is 80C. People start getting errors over 60C. Most people will tell you that 60C is that absolute max you want to run a chip at.

No Way. The max AMD says is 80C. People start getting errors over 60C. Most people will tell you that 60C is that absolute max you want to run a chip at.

The AMD specs say that the Die Temperature, Q in AXMD2200FJQ4C= 100C?

it's simple: the lower the voltage, the higher the temps it can hold.
1.45/1.35 =>100C
1.65 => 85C
1.8=> ~65
2.0=> probaqbly around 40-50
that's why it "didn't help to my OC" - the temps were too high to be stable.

The reasons for that are explained in page 19 of Hightechjb1's guide :).

Chowdy said:
I think 90C is as high as it'll go until things start melting. Running stable is another story.

I doubt that any chip components will melt at 194 F. That's not even hot enough to melt most plastics, and definetely not silicon nor the organic substrate that the chip is packaged in.

Hey, GoHack, nice call on the XP-M 2200+. I just ordered one. Your temps seem kinda high, what kind of heatsink do you have?

KKAT said:
Hey, GoHack, nice call on the XP-M 2200+. I just ordered one. Your temps seem kinda high, what kind of heatsink do you have?

I just bought it, and my Shuttle AN35N Ultra 400 m/b from Newegg.com. I was considering the 2400+, but from what I've been reading, there isn't much difference between the XP-M 2200+, 2400+, 2500+, and the 2600+ mobiles, o/cing wise. Plus it was a rare low voltage (1.35v vs. 1.45v), low wattage (35 watts vs. 45 watts) one.

Same goes w/the m/b, it's cheap, because of the lack of any bells and whisles, and is rated very overclockable, w/very few problems. I did consider a DFI NFII ULTRA INFINITY, but heard too many bad things about them. I also considered a Abit NF7-S, but went for cost vs. performance in the end.

I had a retail AMD HSF sitting around and put that on originally, and got 52C w/o any o/cing. I went right out and bought an all copper Thermaltake Silent Boost HSF from a local retailer, installed it w/ArcticSilver5 thermal compound, and that knocked 10C off my temerature to 42C. I then o/c'd it, and of course the temperature jumped back up. The fan runs slow at around 2450 rpm, thus not providing much heat transfer. I plan to get a higher rpm fan ASAP.

With my P4 system, I'm running a Thermalright SP-94 heatsink, w/a Vantec thermal controlled fan. That setup knocked over 20C off my temperature, from the original retail Intel HSF. I hope to evenually get the SP-97 w/the same fan, for this new AMD system.

One thing I did notice w/this new system, I don't know if it is me or what, is the very sharp and beautiful graphics I'm getting w/my ATI 9800Pro. I had the card in my P4 system and pulled it to put in this one, and boy did the graphics jump out at me. It's absolutely beautiful. I was going to use this new Athlon system to run DC (Distributed Computing- ClimatePrediction) and use my P4 as my primary computer for games and net. Heck w/that. :D

Back