• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Central Brain Identifier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnt_Ram

hey all i found this neat little tool today. thought those who havent tried might want to.

Central Brain Identifier is designed to provide detailed identification and obtaining the most complete information about all AMD processors. It recognizes more than 50 various models of the AMD processors. It shows not only the general information about the processor, but also allows to determine its important technical features, such as processor core name, core revision, a nominal processor frequency, the date of announce, an OPN number, the components of the PowerNow!

CBI Download

hmm, it says that my 1700+ is DUT3C although DLT3C is written on the cpu... have i been cheated ??

You can't get most of what it says its getting from the processor. most of it is just guesswork.

The temps seem a little low. It says I am running 28C, while MBM5, Sandra2k4, and my bios report an average of about 34C. This is on a stock 2500+ slk900a sfII and all other fans at their lowest settings.

O_O can you really change the vCore with that thing? even if it suprasses what your mobo limit is? like, my A7N8X DX will only show up to like, 1.85 or something, but CBI shows up to 2.0V. Can it really change it to that somehow?

also, it shows my current vCore: 1.450V, Max: 1.450V, start min: 1.450V----in my bios i have it set to 1.775V---so...why...eih--- does this mean that if i set it to 1.550V, would I end up with like, 1.875 from the bios then? or---how's this work...i'm confused... :bang head

BTW: I have a mobile 2600+ in here at the moment

It looks at the powernow settings of your chip. the maximum possible vcore with powernow is 2v. on an NF2 board you have no powernow support, so changing either the vcore or the multiplier will just lock up your system.
1.45v is the startup/max vcore set, by L11 and L8 bridges, as that's the highest value, it also says that your current vcore is 1.45v. Basically these three values are pretty useless, unless you're running that CPU in a laptop.

KKAT said:
The temps seem a little low. It says I am running 28C, while MBM5, Sandra2k4, and my bios report an average of about 34C. This is on a stock 2500+ slk900a sfII and all other fans at their lowest settings.
]

Yes, it said my temps were 24C. Looking at MBM5 though, 24C was my case temp. Must be reading from the wrong sensor.

on an NF2 board you have no powernow support, so changing either the vcore or the multiplier will just lock up your system.
Poodoo... I did so hope that I might be able to get away with a 2V vCore without modding my board---oh well, mebe i should get a new Abit board, and put this one in a system i needa upgrade anyways...

CBI is still a cute little program, regardless of the useless stuff...

dreammmatt said:
Poodoo... I did so hope that I might be able to get away with a 2V vCore without modding my board---oh well, mebe i should get a new Abit board, and put this one in a system i needa upgrade anyways...

Or get a lanparty... anything than that damn Asus. I was so glad to get rid of mine, I cant even tell you that enough. Going from 210fsb to 250... kinda gives you butterflies in the stomach. :clap:

Or get a lanparty... anything than that damn Asus. I was so glad to get rid of mine, I cant even tell you that enough. Going from 210fsb to 250... kinda gives you butterflies in the stomach.
@_@ 250 x 2 = 500MHz... @_@ Inconceivable for AMD.... wow... alright, definitely gonna do that! Gaining 100MHz on the FSB would like, make this thing shine; only question is: would it make my avatar as sexy as yours?

edit: POODOO! I only have DDR400---- :cry: what do I do then?

dreammmatt said:

i went from a asus A7N8X to my current Abit Nf7, and let me tell you it's a much better mobo ! not that the Asus sucks. but ..... and on high FSB i read a guy hit 293 !! with a Shuttle AN35N. mind you he was using pc4000, but still ;) what a fast rig that must be ! seriuosly thinking about a LanParty tho. to bad there so expensive here :(

dreammmatt said:
@_@ 250 x 2 = 500MHz... @_@ Inconceivable for AMD.... wow... alright, definitely gonna do that! Gaining 100MHz on the FSB would like, make this thing shine; only question is: would it make my avatar as sexy as yours?

edit: POODOO! I only have DDR400---- :cry: what do I do then?
The RAM will overclock with the FSB, but it has to be high enough quality with enough voltage and low enough timings that it can handle it.

Actually the Abit NF7 FSB > DFI Lanparty's FSB. the Lanparty board might be able to hit higher, but the abit will perform better at lower FSBs, also since you only have DDR400, then definatly go with the Abit, since you can get the most out of your RAM

Back