• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding usable UT2004 servers..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Permanoob

I seem to be having a tough time finding servers with anything below 120 ping to play on. I mostly play Onslaught and Assault and CTF and a little DM. Sometimes I'll get lucky and find something in the 50-60's.

Is there another way to find and play on an Unreal server? I don't know if Gamespy has a section for UT2k4 but I refuse to use it anyway. Any other utilities out there to hook me up with a game?

Are you sorting by ping? When the list of servers loads up if you click the word 'ping' it will sort all of the servers by ping, that might help. How's YOUR connection, and is anyone else using it whilst you are?

tom10167 said:
Are you sorting by ping? When the list of servers loads up if you click the word 'ping' it will sort all of the servers by ping, that might help. How's YOUR connection, and is anyone else using it whilst you are?

I'm on a solid cable connection and I'm the only one using it. Hell, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the neighborhood even using it heh. I am sorting by ping. Also when I bring up the server list for, say, Assault, I'm only showing 13 servers total. Ranging from 60 ping to 200+ to N/A.

Maybe I'm spoiled by having 50-some-odd Counterstrike servers to play on at any given time with a 30 ping.. :-/

Edit: Just tryed out that All Seeing Eye program and I get the same list of servers (with higher ping believe it or not) that I get in UT2004. :(

Last edited:
You should get the same list of servers and the pings should be the same. Your not getting the pings through gamespy/ase, your getting them from the servers. I just prefer ASE's interface and options. Just a thought, I think that every game has a different way of determining your ping. It is not the same as if you did start>run>ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx so that might be why you r counterstrike pings are 30 and your ut2k4 pings are 100ish. They might actually be the same, just the way they calculate the pings are different.

I was thinking about that as well Flash, but in UT when my ping gets 90-100+ I jump and skip around.. like I am lagging. In CS I don't have that problem until about 120'ish. So it does look like they handle differently, UT being the worst.

I do like ASE though quite a bit and I think I'll end up getting it. Thanks for the tip on that one.

Back