• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much should my case temp drop if i put a big 20in fan right next to it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nineomatic

Registered
because i did and my case temp only dropped 2C, and that things on full blast with my cases side panel off.

Well, what were your case temps before? It's funny that you posted this, because I just did this yesterday. I usually have 37-40C case temps, and with a box fan on high blowing in my case I made it down to 29C. (room is fairly warm) If you already have good case temps, a big fan blowing in your case wouldn't help, because there is already sufficient airflow in the case.

my case temp without the fan is 27C, my case temp with fan is 25C. Not worth the noise.

nineomatic said:
my case temp without the fan is 27C, my case temp with fan is 25C. Not worth the noise.

Shows you have near optimum case cooling. So adding more case fans or other possible changes really aren't worthwhile.

Back