• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decent Dell Folding computer again. 2.8c for $350 AMIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Binow

Pretty much the same as they always have except this time they come with a 2.8c instead of 2.4.

More info on the computers here

Dell link here just configure it with the least hardware and the price will come out to 349 AMIR. I have one of the 2.4's and have had no problem at all with it.

This would be a good deal for a person that doesnt already have a lot of parts laying around to piece stuff together. Obviously it's not a GREAT deal if you only need a few pieces to make a folder.

does dell to discount on bulk orders though? If they did then i think it would be worth considering.

No clue about that. Still $350 for what you are getting is pretty decent. Go to newegg or something and add up how much it would be if you pieced it together. It would probably be almost $200 more to piece it together. Granted you wouldnt HAVE to have all the pieces if it was just a folder. Nice thing about it is that you can actually use the computer too instead of ONLY being for folding which may be a benefit to people too.

Yes dell does discounts for bulk orders and educational institutions :) The university I work at is buying about 2-300 new P4 2.8c Computers with 17" LCD's :) They apparently got a very good price so they are getting as many as possible to fit into all the computer labs and student/faculty access areas.

yeah fast 420a thats what im geting as well. ANd how can i see the price for bulk orders, to they have a specail order form??

Fast420A said:
When going through it, I am only able to get the price to $549 before rebate. What am I doing wrong?

Make these choices.
Free Upgrade to an Intel P4, 2.8GHz,800FSB at a Cel 2.4 price [subtract $99]
128MB DDR, ECC, 400MHz, 1X128MB [subtract $100]
1Yr,Parts + Onsite Labor (Next Business Day) [subtract $99]
Logitec System Mouse, Gray
Standard Windows Keyboard,Gray

After making these selections it will be:
$449
Price does not include Mail In Rebate

Once you get the computer mail off the rebate for $100.

mucho thanx man, u just helped me lower the system prices on new rigs by about 200 dollars. this is awesome, chalk up another 6 ghz of power for this, 'n maybe they'll order a play around server for me than too ^^(gotta practice some how)

Back