• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

459.51$ x800 xt (cdw.com)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had my order in there since late May, mine is due to be shipped early next week. Really friendly people, decent price, can't see why not :)

I just ordered one. I feel all tingly inside!

That is, until I get my credit card bill.

newegg i think i saw there xt for like 600+, its crazy..cdw is good, past i got my video card from them

Just ordered one and e-mailed CDW about the gateway price to get a pricematch. Great price. Thanks for the heads up!

Other people that have ordered the x800xt PE from cdw.com have emailed them asking for some kind of date. The standard reply was that they are scheduled to receive a large shipment on June 15th, and will have enough to fill all pre-orders and have some left over to sell normally, if ATI fills their entire order.

Doesn't look like CDW will allow a pricematch to Gateway.com, this is the response I got from them when asking for the pricematch:

If it is cheaper there sir.
I would buy it there..
We are not in the business of matching our competitors..
Thank you

He also said that they have no idea when they will be able to fill my order. Anyone else have better luck with the pricematching?

About the pricematching:

Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 11:35 AM
To: Xxxxxx, Xxxxx
Subject: CDW-D Order XXXXXXX

Xxxxx,
I changed the price for you. I'm not sure why it seems that
GateWay has priority over us, but I don't think that's fair
considering we sell Gateway!!! Just Joking.
Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions -Xxxxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
This e-mail best viewed in a fixed font such as Courier.

XXXXX XXXXXX

CDW has received your order. Following is the address to which your
order will be shipped and a list of the items in your order. Please
take a moment to review it for accuracy and completeness.

Order Number: XXXXXXX
P.O. Number: WEB
Customer#: XXXXXXX

Payment Terms: American Express
Shipped Via: Airborne Next Afternoon-Cust Acct

========================================================================
========
QTY ITEM DESCRIPTION /MFG. PART NUMBER UNIT PRICE
EXT. PRICE

1 646747 ATI RADEON X800XT PLATINUM EDITION 434.95
ATI-100-435210

COST CENTER:XXXXXX

Subtotal 434.95
Freight .00
Sales Tax .00
Total 434.95

======================================================================

Ship To: Bill To:
XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX
5200 XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX 4706 XXXXX XXXX XX
ATTN:XXXXX XXXXXX LOUISVILLE KY 40XXX-XXXX
LOUISVILLE KY 40XXX-XXXX

======================================================================

Once again, thank you for choosing CDW. We stand ready to serve you.
If you find any discrepancies or I can be of further assistance, please
feel free to contact me.

XXXXX XXXX

Direct line: 866-467-XXXX
Fax Number: 847-968-XXXX
E-Mail: [email protected]
I left out the name of the innocent in case they don't always do this and she just likes me ;) j/k I called her this morning and she said there are over 550 backordered cards in their system... The first SIX shipments of cards (from varying points of origin) are coming tomorrow, I'm one of the first 25 in the list so I should be receiving mine on Wednesday.

About availability :)
Hey Xxxxx,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. We had like 50 different vendors in here ALL trying to get us to sell their products. It's been nuts!
The ETA is still 6/15. Unfortunately no change yet. I will let you know as soon as I hear something!
Enjoy your vacation! Call me when you get back.
~Xxxxx
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 3:44 PM
To: Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Subject: RE: CDW-D Order XXXXXXX

Greetings from vacation! :)

How's the outlook on the ATI cards? Last we talked, you folks were thinking it would be near the 15th. Any changes? I noticed that Gateway ended up backordering a TON of those cards they had in stock! Only about three dozen people ended up getting one right away; they got more than 400 orders in like a 48 hour period! They actually ended up yanking the online order page for that part! Whee!!

Anyway, hope you're having a great week! Don't let the unhappy whiner customers get to you ;-)

-Xxxxx

Hafta read it from down to up ;)

Can you please do me a favor and PM me her name/e-mail address so I can deal with her directly?

Albuquerque said:
About the pricematching:

I left out the name of the innocent in case they don't always do this and she just likes me ;) j/k I called her this morning and she said there are over 550 backordered cards in their system... The first SIX shipments of cards (from varying points of origin) are coming tomorrow, I'm one of the first 25 in the list so I should be receiving mine on Wednesday.

Just got denied again when I called CDW on the phone. Gave me the run around saying that the cost they are selling it at is too close to the cost they are buying them at from the vendor. Instead of sending her info in a private message, can you just e-mail her and ask if other people should be able to get this deal? This way we can all stop calling/e-mail CDW trying to get a better price and just acknowledge your l33t skills with the ladies.

Thanks!

I sent her an email about an hour ago, she responded about five minutes ago... Seems they no longer are willing to pricematch on a go-forward basis because of the cost that they are incurring. I don't think I have (hell, I KNOW I don't have) any special powers over ladies, I think I asked early enough that it was still "ok". The decision seems to have come from a higher-up authority...

Back