• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8c oem SL6WJ - are they all like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LesterP

D1 chip that seems like a good one. cooled on air inside a well ventilated Shuttle XPC, I can't imagine what the chip is capable of with real cooling. a lucky chip or are yeilds on the northwoods really good now?

Last edited:
Cool. My 2.8c shipped yesterday. I hope it's this stepping! Will let you know how it turns out.

Where did you buy it from?

the chip and ram won't stop, now 3.73ghz/1.52v, ram is doing ddr533/2.75v. i'm getting giddy.

Last edited:
it will run prime95 for an hour at 3.75ghz at 1.52v so yes it is fully stable at 3.5 - default voltage. i run the machine now at 3.65ghz full time.

this is a shuttle XPC SB61G2, intel 865 chipset. no mods on it, but case and cooling are modded a bit.

that's crazy...
I had a d1 that wouldn't do jack...then the cpu went bad out of nowhere (maybe that's why though..hmmmm...)
Thats a really good overclock though.
maybe matching certain mobos with certain steppings does something?

yeah i think P4's are getting really good overclocks standardly now because i got my 3.0c just a few weeks ago and it hit 3.72ghz with slightly over default vcore. 100% prime stable for 12 hours. And i know i could overclock more but it's on air cooling so temps are limiting it. Northwoods rock this time around

My 2.8C isn't as good as this one it does as well 3.5 on 1.52 but 3.6 needs 1.575 and 3.7 is 1.675 what already makes the cpu 50+ C. I think I could make it 3.65 stable somewhere in between 1.575 and 1.675 but that 50 mhz isn't that interesting at the moment it is fast enough for everything I need it for.

Yeah I dont know about the board you have, but it seems to be a pretty good "christmas"- CPU as well. :)

Mine crashes in Prime after about an hour @ 3500, 1.525V.

I seem to have problems recently. Because I dual Primed my rig with the setup in my sig two weeks ago for about two days. Is was stable.
Now yesterday I ran dual-Prime in background just to test some cooling improvements and it crashed after about 1:30h...
didnt test it further though. But seems strange enough.
All I changed in the two weeks was some testing how high I could run my CPU... hmm?

Another D1 lemon here. Overclocking is primarily luck of the draw, so feel good that you got such an outstanding chip.

Hmmm... So I have the exact same chip, it seems! I just got it popped in and am going to let it run and try to OC tomorrow.

My new Fortron 530 is rock solid. My Fortron 350 was kind of choking on my setup, but the new one is spot on!

Here's what the top of my chip says. It's got 12 caps, whatever that means. I get the first 2 lines, but the last 3 make no sense to me:

2.80Ghz/512/800 (Means 2.8C)
SL6WJ Costa Rica (stepping and fab)
3416A101 (?)
4416A871 (?)
0563 (?)

Back