• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120MM Thermalright a winner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If they make a Socket A version I'll find out. :D

I like it a lot. Maybe lapping the nickle plating off the bottom might help temps a bit like lapping P4 IHSs.

I'm just wondering the cost of that massive thing...and if we'll see a 120mm Swiftech flower :-/

Since it's aluminum it could be in the $40 range but I'd guess $50 since it's a high performance heatsink.

I wonder what Swiftech will do now. They need to try to get back to the top of the air cooling segment. At least I'd like to see them do that.

Voodoo Rufus said:
Since it's aluminum it could be in the $40 range but I'd guess $50 since it's a high performance heatsink.

I wonder what Swiftech will do now. They need to try to get back to the top of the air cooling segment. At least I'd like to see them do that.

I was thinking on the higher end of that because of the size, heatpipes, and number-marketingness of teh 120. I also thought the aluminum was because it was just an engineering sample, and that a final copper implementation would boost the price as well- it can't be a weight issue, look at Swiftech. Maybe they are trying to cut cost just a bit to lessen the sting...

Ah, how I love competition :D

I wish they would have compared the temps to a sp97 so we can see if it is just quieter or if it cools better too.

Too many things to wait for before building next rig...
I want to wait for Grantsdale
I want to wait for G6800 or X800se
I want to wait for Doom3
Now I got one more thing to wait for... :(

Dubbin1 said:
I wish they would have compared the temps to a sp97 so we can see if it is just quieter or if it cools better too.

That's what the C/W is for, check the one in the review with the ones in the database. There's also a note there on how to apply that rating to find out an actual temperature in certain conditions, so you could do the math and find out exactly how many degrees hotter or cooler it would theoretically run.

There's also a note there on how to apply that rating to find out an actual temperature in certain conditions, so you could do the math and find out exactly how many degrees hotter or cooler it would theoretically run.

Eww me dont like to do teh math :bang head

Dubbin1 said:

And besides the C/W thing, they compared it to the SP-94, thats just the P4 version of the SP-97.

magick_man said:
man that thing is pretty, :D
i want to get one and hang my sp-94 on my wall. :)

~Magick_Man~
I agree that it's really cool lookin. There aren't many other heatsinks with a cool color like that :D

Back