• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
I just graduated from college so I have no more classes to worry about. I have a brand new 9800pro sitting in my computer and I have a plethora of spare time. Now all I need is a decent multiplayer video game. Anyone have any suggestions?

tom10167 said:
Far Cry
UT 2004
Hitman series(any)

There are 168 hours in a week, that gives you 54 hours per video game a week, and 6 hours to eat/sleep/go potty.

pizza at computer, caffien, diapers... the max you need to spend away from the computer is 15 minutes running to the door for pizza per week (order lots at once, it will keep for a few days)

Throw on some Desert Combat too, thats always fun, or some Battlefield Vietnam.

9mmCensor said:
pizza at computer, caffien, diapers... the max you need to spend away from the computer is 15 minutes running to the door for pizza per week (order lots at once, it will keep for a few days)

well if your gonna do that u may as well get a feeding tube instead of pizza and an IV drip, and id say install a toilet for a chair cause ud still have to change the diaper... and u could switch out the intravenous fluid with caffine in water every once in a while. this way u wopnt gain much weight, infact you'll drop pounds like crazy and your muscles will atophy so much in a week of not moving at all that once its over you wont be able to get out of your toilet/chair.

Stopped by best buy today and picked up a copy of ghost recon since I know some guys online taht are getting into it. And since that game was so cheap, I grabbed a 2 dvd edition of ut2k4 as well. That should keep me going till tribes:vengence comes out.

Krusty said:
Stopped by best buy today and picked up a copy of ghost recon since I know some guys online taht are getting into it. And since that game was so cheap, I grabbed a 2 dvd edition of ut2k4 as well. That should keep me going till tribes:vengence comes out.
good choices, stop by OCG and play some UT with us.

Ghost Recon is good, but damn hard. :sn:

as far as multiplayer goes, all i can really suggest from my own experience first-hand is ut2k4.

but, if you are ever looking for a good single-player game i highly suggest thief: deadly shadows... i know you didn't ask but i am really digging this game.

Banyan said:
but, if you are ever looking for a good single-player game i highly suggest thief: deadly shadows... i know you didn't ask but i am really digging this game.

I second Thief 3, imo the graphics may not be up to par with the other games mentioned here. but it is a blast sneaking up on guards and knocking them out, taking out unsuspecting people with an arrow to the head is also very fun :cool:

Thief2 came with one of my video cards a while back. I was never really able to get into it. So I would be reluctant to buy a copy of Thief3 before I get a chance to play a friends copy or a "special internet edition."

As for RTCW, I played the MP demo and I've beaten the single player game. I'm already over it.

Krusty said:
Thief2 came with one of my video cards a while back. I was never really able to get into it. So I would be reluctant to buy a copy of Thief3 before I get a chance to play a friends copy or a "special internet edition."

As for RTCW, I played the MP demo and I've beaten the single player game. I'm already over it.
Try Enemy Territory.

Its a free download, stand alone Wolf MP game, thats loads of fun and very well balanced.

heh, a friend of mine bought me Thief 3 as a graduation present. Now I got me a cool single player game to try out too! w00t!

the only good game is counter-strike..I've tried hundreds of other games and they all suck :(

Another vote fot Enemy Territory. Good balance and a lot of players. Versions for both windows and linux.

Karbon said:
the only good game is counter-strike..I've tried hundreds of other games and they all suck :(

What makes a good game is very subjective. You may think that ever other game, except the 'glorious' CS which was clearly not made by a mere mortal, sucks, but then you really dont have a right to say that, because thats just one single opinion, of millions of opinions. You may not like a game, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

9mmCensor said:

lol the good life

Back