• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a BIG case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PunkRawk911

Alright, well I'm headed of to college (Western Michigan University) in the fall, and I'm looking to possibly move my current system into a new case. Here's the thing, as weird as this may sound, I want it to be HEAVY. One of those giant steel monsters that weighs like 80 pounds without a system in it. That way someone is alot less likely to run out of my dorm room with it. I'm looking for something comparable in size to a Lian-Li Pc-75, or a bit bigger. I'd like something that's steel so I can do a nice paint job on it without having to worry about the paint not sticking, and I want something that is at least a bit attractive. An old AT (not ATX) case would do well, and big ones sell for like $20 on ebay, but most of them are uglier than... well something really ugly. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a case for you. I just moved out of it, to a shuttle. It is a bit taller than a chieftech dragon, a bit wider, and made of steel. It has a nice black paint job too. It got kinda rediculous because I watercooled in it, adding more wieght, and I took it to my friends house every weekend. Be warned about rust, I have a rust spot where I spilled water. 600grit sandpaper and a bit of oil fixed it, but you need to be careful.

Lol sorry if it seemed im trying to sell it to you, but I got it at compusa for $80. It has ramovable bays and stuff, very useful case. With WC, it is about 1.5x as heavy as my friends 19" monitor. I think its 1.4mm steel, or something close. Most cases are .7mm, and heavy ones are 1mm.

Look around www.servercase.com, they should have some big stuff that should be really nice, too. There was a full-tower with a pretty slick door that I was looking at from there a while ago, but I went the small, aluminum route ;).

you could always bolt the case to something, and lock the case panel doors. Heck you could probably mod the case so that if someone tampers with it a car alarm goes off in your room or something.

I remember a while's back, Voodoo released a PC that used no fans whatsoever. The case was pretty much a giant heatsink. They had to put the thing on caster wheels because it was so damn heavy, and I do know the case was sold mainstream at one point. Manufacturer and model, I do not know.

It was a big, black, heavy thing that for some reason, reminded me of a PS2

Meh, maybe I'll do a search later.

- Street

The simplest option would be to buy any old case and add a lead plate / bar (or a 45lb dumb bell) to the bottom of it just bolt it in and grind the faces of the bolts so it can't be removed to easily.

AlucardCasull said:
Quantity in Basket: none
Code: Rack-15US
Price: $740.00

Shipping Weight: 165.00 pounds

HAHAH LMFAO

740 dollars!, i dont think he wants to spend that much, my votes for the bricks or build something that puts a charge around the case so when they touch it ZAP.
i personally just bought a motion sensor at homedepot "yes my ideas will eventaulyl be posted :D "

Zoltan

forget a heavy case, just invest in some kind of locking device, or as others have suggested, bolt it to something. you're gonna regret having a really heavy case if you dont absolutely need it.

If you want a HEAVY case and want to mod it from AT tp ATX, PM me and I will see if we can work something out.

that desk case is nice. that would be cool to have some water cooling, and motion sensing lights in there or such.

Back