• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I have a pic of the REAL L12 mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, I did the one on geocities. It went pretty smoothly, but I cant test it out to see if it works. I kinda lost 2 pieces of the copper wire in my case somewhere lol, I tried pulling them out and they slipped and i cant find them anymore. Yes...two...i messed up twice! Anyways, when I put the cpu back in, I kinda had to force it in, it didnt go in very smoothly....

Whoa there partner, lol...you shouldnt have to 'force' anything, per say. Whenever you force something, things turn out badly. I would think ur wire was too thick, and that's why it required some 'force' - but I had one time jumped the voltage control on a Tbred B like this and had to lay 4 or so wires, and then like 3 more for setting the multiplier - yea, that was a snug fit, the thing barely wanted to go in - but it worked ^_^. So...as long as u didnt use an obscene amount of force, as long as u didnt just jam it in, i would think it's fine. I am kinda lazy tho - so I'm just gonna recommend u take a can of compressed air and try shooting up your case to jetison the missing wires. (I did the same thing)

Or if you have a light case or one that you can take some components out of quickly, just take off the side panels and shake it. Got quite a few screws out and some wires for when I was doing my L12 yesterday. To check it, go into the NF7 bios and "Load Optimized Defaults", and if the FSB defaults to 166, then :) you didn't screw up

Also, I'd say the fact that the computer is STARTING indicates you at least did SOMETHING correctly lol

Back