• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get layout to cooperate(pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

Here's what I'm thinking for the layout now:
SetupWC.jpg

having the water come from the RBX to the Maze 4 was crap because of the Y connection then that bend...not really gonna work out...and then the maze to pump with T line wouldn't work out too well either.......so

this way I'll first cool GPU then go to radiator then CPU then T line(this part will be hard because tubing is going down...maybe I can mount it to the bottom of case....) then into the pump

so comments? different ideas? Want it to be ez on the tubing path and efficient...

without using a 90, i dont see the tube making the bend right out of the pump to the GPU WB...

pump>RBX>rad>Maze4>pump ? going to have to fit a T in there to fill it too...

pump>RBX>rad>T>Maze4>pump... maybe

well i really wanted the CPU to get the coolest of the water....cant really relocate pump too much can i? i dunno what to do

umm but technically right after the water comes out of the rad...thats the coolest and the hottest is just b4 the rad i thought

WhatTheSchmidt said:
umm but technically right after the water comes out of the rad...thats the coolest and the hottest is just b4 the rad i thought

It makes not diifferance where you put the componants in the loop as water temps only vary by under 1C. Just do it the way that works the best and is easyest to route using the least tubing :)

you can make a litte res and put that somewhere and it could possibly make the design a little easier to work with

Found out what I'm doing..basically original plans but with tubing placed optimally for no kinking and T line up top here it is:

FinalWC.jpg

I will make it tomorrow after work.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but isn't the input (water sucked in) of the MCP in the center, with the output being the tube that is currently sticking up? I'm looking at where you've got your 'T.' Methinks it would be better if you stuck that filler 'T' near the pump's input, since MCP's (mine at least) suck at pulling water through a tube if there's air pockets anywhere in it. Though it looks like you might not have any problems with gravity just pulling the water through your entire system, it's pretty much linear vertically.

well thats where i wanted it, but i wouldn't really get that to fit...and as long as nothing is adding air in the system, shouldn't it be fine?

youll be fine with it where it is. T's near the top of the loop are preferred, air raising and all. id suggest filling your loop while the WBs and rad arnt in the case...leak test for a few hours (also getting all the air out by turning things upside-down/shaking etc etc) then install the (filled) loop into your case.

looks like things will work out just fine...hope reality wont smack you in the face with a big ol' kink ;)

GOOD LUCK

make the two outlet tubings that is connected to the "Y" as short as possible, then route it to the maze4. From what I see, the tubing is sticking out too much is becase the tubing from the two outlets is too long. That's the way I have it and no kinks and no sticking out too far.

If you rotated your pump so that the inlet was facing upwards and the outlet went to the side, it would make filling and bleeding your system a hell of a lot easier.

Back