• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gDesklets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elmdor

So I finally got around to installing mandrake 10 again, and im having more fun problems. I downloaded gDesklets for some fun interface changing, but can't seem to get it installed. After ./configure-ing, i get the message:
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.3
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.3/site-packages
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for gnome-python-2.0 >= 1.99.17 pygtk-2.0 >= 1.99.17... Package pygtk-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pygtk-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'pygtk-2.0' found

----------------
I'm new to this whole linux thing, but i'm pretty sure i have pygtk2.0 installed:

[adrian@localhost programs]$ rpm -q pygtk2.0
pygtk2.0-2.0.0-2mdk

Reading forums and such has led me to believe that i need a pygtk2-devel file, so I downloaded one but when i try to install it this happens:

[adrian@localhost programs]$ rpm -i pygtk2-devel-2.*
warning: pygtk2-devel-2.0.0-1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2error: Failed dependencies:
pygtk2 = 2.0.0 is needed by pygtk2-devel-2.0.0-1

Any suggestions?

If your distro has a pygtk2.0-2.0.0-2mdk, you should be able to find a pygtk2.0-devel for it from your distro as well. You most probably got a RH or SUSE rpm
Search for a -devel rpm with "mdk" in it.

The pygtk2.0 package should install itself in some sort of python2.3/site-packages/ directory, from where python would find it automatically

Back