• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2600 went bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pouey

Alright guys, I had my mobile 2600 running at 2500mhz with 200mhz FSB at 1.95v. It was rock hard stable, I checked it with prime for over 24 hrs. Out of nowhere the other day, when I restarted the computer, it wouldn't finish loading into windows. Now, I can't get it to load into windows at all, but it loads into safemode sometimes. It's very sketchy and I haven't had time to work it all out yet, but I tried everything I could for about a half hr and just couldn't get it to start. Is it possible that processors go bad after a while? Should I just order a new one and start over?

Unless your temps were in the high 60s I doubt you damaged the chip.
What temps have you been getting, and what temps are you getting now (Full load please.)

I had that the other day, or something very similar. I was petrified that i'd fried my brand new mobie, but then i swaped the chip out for my old TB and it did the same. So i reinstalled windows and now everything is fine and dandy

Sorry I took so long to respond guys, work :-/ . My temps were idle around 48, and max like 57. It's on air, I knew it wouldn't kill the chip...I'm gonna try reinstalling windows. We'll see what happens next...

bafbrian said:
You might have a corrupted MBR. You should try to repair it and if that doesn't work then re-install Windows.

What's MBR? explain plz :)

my mobile was 24hours+ prime95 stable at 2.6ghz at 1.99V.... sisoft sandra burn-in test as well....

now it maxes out at 2.5ghz at 1.85 volts...

temps were never an issue, socket temps never went over 44C, i set my cpu alarm(which is diode i believe in bios) to 55C and it never went off....

my old 2500+ reg barton was prime95 stable at 2.2ghz aswell, it was the max it could do and after some time it was unable to stay at that speed... i think putting a cpu on it's edge reduces it's life quite bit :/

A fresh install of windows and I'm back in action. Been running prime for the past 8 hours now no problem at 2500mhz. :clap:

Back