• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing Ti4200, best program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I used RivaTuner before and I really liked it. Is RivaTuner still one of the best programs for OCing my Ti4200 ?

I am asking because I haven't been into PC gaming much lately and I just reformated my hard drive so my video card is running stock now, there might be some better utilities out there.

I tried Coolbits before RivaTuner and I liked Riva a lot better. I may just download Riva again unless someone informs me of something better.

You could just not bother with any of this BIOS flash or OC software and take the easier option.

Open notepad and type the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"Coolbits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage"=dword:00000001

Then save it as .reg then all you need to do is double click it and add it to t he registry and reboot.

Hey nony nony :clap: you now have gpu and mem oc in your display settings.

I normally dont like messing with the registry, is doing that completely safe?

gingo said:
I normally dont like messing with the registry, is doing that completely safe?

thats what Coolbits does, its perfectly safe, but you could save your registry before you change it, i never found the need to because installing new drivers just changes it back to normal.

i like Coolbits more because it simply UNLOCKS the Nvidia OC tab in the advanced setting............... versus installing Rivatuner, which is a seperate program. to me the less invasive the better.

AFAIK all tweakprograms rivatuner,geforcetweakutility, etc changes stuff in the registry to get things done. When you enable oc'ing of the gpu in a program. The program changes the "coolbits" in the reg. I personally like GeforceTweakUtility. It says it doesn't support drivers higer than 26.xx something, but it works great with the new drivers too. Have tested it up to 56.xx.

right now im on riva tuner coz coolbits started myseriously resetting to stock after a restart.....guess what? it still resets speeds after a restart.....time to format i guess....when i can be botherd.

Ok, I just did the coolbits registry thing.. So far so good.

gingo said:
Ok, I just did the coolbits registry thing.. So far so good.

A vast number of nvidia card owners have found; that after every second restart, their memory frequencies would reset.

I too had this problem with hardpage (coolbit enabler program)
I ran the GeForce tweak utility and it locked them permanently for me.

I still cannot get 6x.xx drivers to even apply overclock frequencies.

The "Apply" button is "greyed out" and no overclock happens.

:(

Back