• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

I have this CPU blower thing that I got with a new case I bought, and i'm not going to use it in this new case so I thought about useing it for my older computer. Now if you don't know what a CPU blower is, all it is is a 80mm fan with a duct on the back to direct air. The back is like a long slot, and it's supposed to point out of the back of your PC.
http://www.monkeyreview.com/images/reviews/hardware/skyhawk/galaxy/blower.jpg
Right now the air is blowing out of that slot.

See, what I want to do is use it for my video card in this PC. I can't overclock the processor, so I overclock the video card. Now, do I want it sucking air in through the slot and down onto the card, or sucking air from the card out the back of the case? I have a GeForce 3 with no big heatsink on it. Thanks.

Depends on the rest of your case flow. I would probably have it exhausting air out, but if you need more positive pressure than have it as an intake. Usually the case airflow is from the front of the case to back, and having it as an intake would disrupt that.

True, but this is Gateway stock and the only fans it has in it is one sucking air into the PSU, one of the processor, and a 40mm on the video card, so I wasn't sure because there isn't much case flow. Would I be better off ripping the 80mm out of it and sticking it in the front as an intake?

Back