• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about XP-M Overclocks...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odie812

Hey everyone,

I just purchased an XP-M 2600 (IQYHA0352MPMW) to go in my Infinity with some PC4000 ADATA.

My question is this: I see people getting 2.6 and 2.7 Ghz with these chips, but are these OC's completely due to high multipliers? Or have people been able to hit high FSB's as well? I haven't been able to see for sure.

I'm asking because I really would like to hit 250 FSB at the very least to get as much as I can out of my hyperam and Infinity. I'm worried that I won't be able to do much better with the mobile than I did with my 3200+ desktop CPU.

Please prove me wrong!

Odie :)

i'm limited to my 12.5 multi on my epox. Just raise the fsb to you get a stable clock setting and you can run some highspeed tests on it.

my m2600 0351 mpmw, IQYHA runs fine @2.7Ghz with only 1.75vcore. getting it pass that point has been a bit bumpy... i can get into windows safemode at 2.8GHz with 1.95vcore. but not good enough for me. can't do anything with the safemode on.

I'm not sure what you mobo can do, it will just be an experiment to see if you mobo will get you pass 12.5multi's.... My NF7-S can adjust the mult's without any problems.
:attn:

Sorry to say, but I've got some OCZ PC4000 Enhanced Latency Gold Edition (that's a mouthful) and it's only at 240FSB stable :( But it's pretty damn good considering no volt mods. So I wouldn't expect to run at a 250FSB just because you have the RAM that can handle DDR500 speeds.

Also, if you want 2.5ghz or more, you better have plenty of cooling, I would run 2.5ghz and my processor would go to over 50 degrees, the case was over 30 degrees, and my room was like 80 degrees Farenheit

There are several people doing 250+.. especially with the dfi board. You should be fine... the only way to find out is to try it yourself.

Yes, it's possible, there's a guy at 260+ FSB, but you pretty much need to get a lucky stick of RAM, a lucky motherboard, and a lucky CPU.

Back