• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil Golden Dragon Dual Channel PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{pdX}Canadatron

Does anyone have any experience with this RAM? I am looking to buy 1 gig (2x512) for an upcoming LAN. I was thinking previously about buying some OCZ EB 3200, but the Geil is around the same price and is a little lower latency and the same bandwidth from what both companies sites are telling me. I am going to be getting into some overclocking in the near future as well so I want it do do the job there too. Any one tried this stuff? Everyone has been telling me to go buy Corsair but I think that they are over priced for the performance you get, considering that almost all high end RAM has a lifetime warranty and are performing at the same level. Right? Wrong? Lemme know.

i like to find out what chips are in the good stuff then try to buy them in some moderately priced ram. usually u get good overclocks with em.as for the boutique ram with hand picked stuff i am partial to ocz, they have unbelievable service and they are more inexpensive than the corsair plus they have a genius in the true sense of the word as head of research & development- dr michael schutte...

flapperhead said:
i like to find out what chips are in the good stuff then try to buy them in some moderately priced ram. usually u get good overclocks with em.as for the boutique ram with hand picked stuff i am partial to ocz, they have unbelievable service and they are more inexpensive than the corsair plus they have a genius in the true sense of the word as head of research & development- dr michael schutte...

Agreed :D

I used some PC3500 Geil Golden Dragon in a rig I built for my brother-in-law. It worked very well, and is definetely the coolest looking ram I have ever encountered. The memory chips have dragons imprinted on them. There are also red led's that light up when the power is on. Performance wise they would hit about 215 mhz with 2-2-2-5 timings. Pretty decent for what I believe are CH-5 chips.

Back