• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this setup restrictive enough for MCP600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackZ06

Registered
I'm about ready to order everything for my new water setup but have read quite a few times on here that the MCP600 is at its best on a restrictive setup.

It's a TDX with 1/2" OD fittings throguh a double heatercore with 1/2"OD fittings and thorugh a bay reservoir.

Would I be better off with another pump or should I add another block in there. I don't really feel the need for a videocard blokc but maybe the chipset block but have heard that doesn't help in ocing all hat much...

Restriction doesn't work like that...in water cooling, more restriction is always worse, regardless of what pump you have. You've read that the MCP600 is best at high restriction because it is a high head pump, meaning that it has the ability to overcome restriction more easily than a lot of other pumps. That doesn't mean that more restriction will make it pump better, but quite the opposite. You want the least restriction possible. The MCP600 is a great pump from what I've heard, I think it will suit you fine.

You wont see a difference between the MCP and a less powerful pump in a low restriction setup like yours. If you upgrade to more blocks and more restriction the MCP will have a definate lead.

Back