• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone tell me ifI got the good version of the 1.4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dborden

I see all you guys saying there are different versions and some are better for overclocking. Mine says this:

A1400 AMS3C
AYHJA 0126UPEW
Y65409*****

****** = ommitted for privacy

Did I get the good one?

Looks good! Man, I should have held out for the 1.4! I guess I
had money burning holes in my pockets! (not anymore)

dborden said:
I see all you guys saying there are different versions and some are better for overclocking. Mine says this:

A1400 AMS3C
AYHJA 0126UPEW
Y65409*****

****** = ommitted for privacy

Did I get the good one?
Snap! :D

Here's the code from mine (my Dad bought it back from the States today, cost me 140 quid):

A1400AMS3C
AYHJA0126RPNW
Y6527530019

I just asked him to get a 1.4gigger, 266 bus chip - and look at what he brings back - and AYHJA 'Y'! Course I knew it'd be good being a 1.4 266 chip, but it doesn't get better than this. Just hope it performs well.

Notice how we both have week 26 chips - maybe they were even from the same wafer! :cool:

Ordered a cheap @1GHz 266 amd for one of my systems, and what did they send me? they sent me a 1.4 with the good AYHJA Y steping. not bad for $70. :)

Back