• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good CD/DVD Emulation Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

Anyone have recommendations on a good cd/dvd emulation program for Win XP? I've tried Alcohol 120%, and that seems fairly decent..just wondering what else was good..

Thanks

I use alcohol 120%, but daemon tools is also a good one; it only lets you have 4 virtual drives, though. I need more than that....

Clone CD had an option for virtual drives for a while. It was like, Virtual CloneDrive or something, it was included w/ the installer for CloneCD

I have used all three listed above and found Alcohol 120% the best of all of them. With Daemon tools it was causing crashes during gameplay of games I had mounted while with clone CD you had to remount the CD everytime you rebooted (not a big deal but a hassle to have to remount if you have a bunch of virtual drives). With alcohol 120% it keeps whatever ISO you have mounted even throught reboots and have never once have had a problem with it.......

I use cloneCD for ripping my game ISO's and Alcohol for my virtual drives....

Glad I bumped into this thread. Tried Alcohol 120% and WOW! Cool program! A shame that I have almost no need for it, but I'm sure in the near future I won't be able to find no-CD cracks for much longer. Being forced to have the CD in the drive is dumb.

I store as many of my games and software cd's on the hard drive as I can fit, because they are safer and faster to have there.

Ahead Nero 6 Ultra Edition also includes drive emulation functionality. I don't use it at all since I am happy with Alcohol 120%.

Back