• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gained System Stability thru Mosfet Sinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TombKeeper

I just installed some of the MicroCool heatsinks that i just got including:

- 6 mosfet sinks
- 1 PLL sink
- bunch of micro sinks

Installed these along with a cut down southbridge and voltage stability has definitely improved.... All the lines including the 3.3, 5, and 12 don't fluctuate that much anymore....they still jump every now and then but no where close to how it was before the sinks.....

Right now, i'm trying to find out what's with my case and cpu temps...loaded the thing up and at start case is 18 celsius and cpu was 20 celsius.... never had that before....i'm gonna leave it running for a bit, shut down, wait 5 min, start up again and see what the temps say then...

I also replaced the stuff between my cpu and hs before doing this. Had AS Ceramique, now i got AS5....cpu is running at least 2 or so celsius cooler. Based on the reviews they were supposed to be the same...i guess not...

I definitely recommend getting these heat sinks for the mosfets, pll and other chips on the mb....Cheap and worth it.....will see what kind of o/c i can get after i figure out the temp thing...cpu is sitting at 28 celsius running at 215x11 at 1.675V.....this morning it was 38 or 36 celsius idle....the temp in the room is only about 2 celsius cooler now though...

congrads. cant wait till i get around to making mofset heatsinks. got any pics?

I've got the same ones, here's what they look like:

mosfet.jpg

I got the shiny chrome ones instead of the black ones...i also installed the 3 mosfet sinks between the capacitors (?....the outer row from the cpu when looking at the prev pic) at an angle without touching anything else. I also took out the video card and put some on some of the chips in that area and also in various other places.

Gonna try oc later to see if i can get a higher fsb...at 220 fsb i was getting freezing in Large Ftt before after 40 minutes...we'll see now...

By the way...my temp is now 41 celsius on the cpu....can't wait for this AS5 to set in.

I was getting a -10 celsius temp drop by having the case on its side.....!

do the pll(s) and some of the other various chips while you're at it....especially the PLL as that gets hotter the higher your fsb is set at....

today i recieved my lates order...9.6 lbs of heatsinks. booyeah. mofset heatsinks, as well as SB and any other things that need sinks soon to come.

the 3/$1.00 ones impressed me, i think i have 60 some od of them now.

Back