• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External TV Tuner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I have decided that I am transferring to Notre Dame, and as such, I am moving to a place with very small dorm rooms and without cable in the dorm rooms. Therefore, I am looking for ways to save on space and also work out something with a TV. I have a TV to bring, but what I am thinking of doing is getting an external TV tuner for my laptop.

The two main units I have been looking at are the Gainward TV2GO (I really like the size) and the Leadtek Winfast TV USB II, which is bigger but may have more functionality, I am not sure. Size isn't a huge consideration, but it is a consideration. My price range is somewhere around $100. I am not sure which of these I should go for, or if I should go for something else with my laptop! Please help me make the best decision so that maybe I can just use my laptop as my TV. Also, if you know one that has the three prong connectors for an Xbox, that would be nice, even though it would be weird playing Xbox on my computer screen...oh well. Please help!

um, i don't know much about external tv tuner cards but one thing you need to make sure you get is a tuner that has usb2.0 support and your laptop should have that too..... if either of them don't.... then it'll most likely be slow.

Back