• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underclocked Memory and Timings. . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
I have PC 3200 mem in the system. At a 261 FSB I must set the RAM in the BIOS to the 3:2 Ratio (266FSB). The timings are 2.5,3,3,5,8. Now at this ratio 3:2 my memory is underclocked. I cannot increase the timings say to 2.5,2,2,5,8. or any other combination other than the current settings(Asside from more relaxed settings). Is this normal? I thought with underclocked RAM I might be able to set tighter timings. Any ideas here please?(RAM voltage is at 2.85v(max.) in the BIOS)

Z

PS:see siggy for rig

did u test the memory at 200mhz to see if it works ok. most sammy pc3200 overclocks darn well.. what are the serial numbers on the stixs?

I dont havethe serial numbers without taking it apart but yes the ram works GREAT at 200FSB and will overclock a bit. I can get to about 255(5:4 ratio) with it nicely. But I just cant tighten up the timings AT ALL

Z

Back