• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good 2.8C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EyelessFace

Look at the photo.

Is that a pretty good 2.8C?

It came from a retail box, and so far I have been able to do 233@5/4 with the stock hsf on a IC7-MAX3.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 28C.jpg
    28C.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 212
From what I red recently it doesent matter (anymore). There was (is?) a hype for the 30caps CPUs. But some of the 12caps also seem to perform very well.
As you can see in the database, concerning the 2.8CPUs, the 12caps CPUs go even faster than the 30caps CPUs.
Your CPU-stepping is somewhere in the middle and tops at ~3600MHz I think.

Thank you Joker. I looked as well and saw several at 3400+, which as far as Im concerned, is pretty fast. If I could get 3600 out of it (with better cooling, I plan on going water by the end of the month) I would be nothing BUT thrilled.

BTW, after looking thru the DB, most of the Costa Rica chips ive seen in there top out at 3400. Now, this may be because not as many have been made there (and hence, rare), or because they are just not as capable as the Malaysia ones.

Np. Yeah, 3400MHz is pretty fast and should keep you satisfied for some time (since a oced 2.8@3400MHz is even faster than a stock P4 3.4).
If you have a decent aircooler, it should do fine at 3400MHz. On a P4 2.8 watercooling becomes interesting at 3600-3700MHz+ IMO. But you should take a look at the airflow in your case.
What cooler do you have at the moment?

I have a Malay SL6WT 12 caps 2 caps 2.8C I was able to go around 3.5 on stock voltage with it and most of these recent 2.8C I got were able to perform similar which means you can go around 3.7 with these if bump the coreV. I am wondering are Malay ones really better or just another myth ?

I bought the boxed version so I wouldnt have to buy a hsf for the time being. Like I said, I am planning to go watercooling somewhere near the end of the month.

Its difficult to tell how good a chip is, mine is pretty strange. Its a 3.0c that goes to 3.6/3.66ghz stock, but needs quite a vcore bump to get to 3.75 and never seems stable @ 3.8 (And i have tried 1.7v :S)

~t0m

Private Joker said:
Since it is a SL6WT it´s pretty sure 12 cabs. I can tell if this is a good CPU. You will have to try.

You could also take a look into the database: OC database

yeah at least you have some idea for comparison , in my opinion ok with
stock cooling to do 233mhz :cool:

cheers,

Back