• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7n2 delta L + overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john426

hi,
i have the k7n2 delta L motherboard and an athlon xp 2600 (the barton model) and i don't seem to be getting very far with overclocking :(

i have high performance memory timings on and the fsb/dram in 1:1 (voltage is at stock), but i cannot get my fsb over 180 (it is unstable even at 178 in prime95)... :cry:

as for my ram, i think it's pretty cheap, but works well at 400mhz. the brand is "nanya technologies" which i have never heard of :rolleyes:

if i don't overclock, the system is rock solid at stock in prime95...but i do only have an "encer" 300w psu and -12v does drop a little under load lol

am i doing something wrong? does anyone have any suggestions to improve this overclock??

XP 2800+ @2500MHz

Yesterday I managed to run my system

K7N2 Delta-L
Amd Barton 2800+
2x512 Infineon PC3200/DDR400 CL2.5

at FSB 200 MHz (200 * 12.5 = 2500MHz) with 1.8VCore and 2.7VDimm.

Unfortunatley it was very unstable so I switched back to FSB 192 MHz. Temps went up from 40°C idle to 50°C. I don't know what components are limiting the stability in my system at that level of overclocking, there is more than one possibility:

1) CPU: Well, I think I got lucky with it, but it might need better cooling. 1.8VCore is max on the board and I won't go higher.
2) RAM: Can't raise VDimm above 2.7V, maybe more could make it more stable
3) Mainboard: The MOSFETS get really hot and they are only cooled with passive heatsinks

PSU is no problem in my case

Attachments

• 2500.jpg
    2500.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 247
Bios for more Vdimm voltage. Its not ram voltage its Vcore that is holding you back and there is no Volt-mods for this board either.

I'm still running my old K7N2 with the settings you see in the sig. Like T-A said, you need a robust PSU and like Gulinborsti speculated, you need some decent cooling. I set up a VMOD 7V 80mm fan mounted on the waterblock mount to cool the passive heatsinks and it made a for a dramatic improvement in stability on this board.

Back