• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is currently the best RAM available for A64 systems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RLiu818

Registered
Some say the Mushkin 2-2-2 and some say the OCZ EB.

Which one is better for A64?

Does it matter if the board is unmodded or not? (My board will most likley not be modded).

Which one is better for stock speeds?

Which one is better for overclocking?

Thanks

i dont know how the a64 responds to eb memory .the bh6 is great memory but it needs volts to shine.. u can probably get a higher oc with the eb at 2.9volts

flapperhead said:
i dont know how the a64 responds to eb memory .the bh6 is great memory but it needs volts to shine.. u can probably get a higher oc with the eb at 2.9volts

when you say it needs volts to shine do you mean that the mobo has to be vmodded or can the allowable voltages allow it to perform well enough.

I am getting the MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo.. what is the max allowable voltage on this thing?

And considering the max allowable voltage. the OCZ EB would be better?

I need something that does 2-2-2 or 2.5-2-2 since this is an A64 system.

trueplaya4ever8 said:
max allowable volts on that board is 2.85v.

So I am assuming with the Mushkin 2-2-2 i can go 2.85 voltage and keep the 2-2-2 timings?

What about the OCZ EB? What are the tightest timings i can do at 2.85 max volt?

The EB will run 2.5-2-2 which is just as fast as cas 2 with the EB tech they use. But I think what your looking for is the ram that will OC the highest with tight timings @ 2.85V.......and that's the EB. You could also get some pc4000+ ram with hynix chips that would clock high, but they would have loose timings

Steve

mrspec3 said:
The EB will run 2.5-2-2 which is just as fast as cas 2 with the EB tech they use. But I think what your looking for is the ram that will OC the highest with tight timings @ 2.85V.......and that's the EB. You could also get some pc4000+ ram with hynix chips that would clock high, but they would have loose timings

Steve

specifically which OCZ EB ram are you referring to? The speed rating? or does that not matter?

Back