• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I broke my video card!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atigamerguy

:eek: I really need some help I dont know if I need a new video card so I need advice. Heres the story I was messin around trying to attach a 60mm fan to the stock hsf on my 9800pro, all was fine until I kinda banged the card on the case while putting it back in. I looked at the card and all seemed fine until I looked on my floor and there it was a little thingy fell off the card. The card works fine until I play a game, it plays the game fine for a while and then just quits so I have to reset. Do I need to get a new card or shold I wait until it dies. It seems to be working fine when I am not gaming.

Here is what the thingy I broke off looks like.

Attachments

• thing that fell off.JPG
    thing that fell off.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 172
Looks like a capacitor. See if you have any friends/family that are handy with a soldering gun...can't be that hard to get it back on.

I have a soldering gun I would attach it but I dont know where it came from there is lots of them on the card hard to tell where it came from

God, why do people worry so much about small stuff like that. I broke one of those things trying to attach a 60mm fan to the P4 heatsink that is on my video card. The fan kind of slipped and I hit the card with the bolt. I broke it off. I then just superglued it back in place and it works fine now. I don't have a soldering gun... :-/

I think i lost the thing what now.sohould i run the card as is or.could i call ati and see what they say.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
i think its time for a new system i hate the kt400 chipset time for a64 x800pro.

termin@tor said:
God, why do people worry so much about small stuff like that. I broke one of those things trying to attach a 60mm fan to the P4 heatsink that is on my video card. The fan kind of slipped and I hit the card with the bolt. I broke it off. I then just superglued it back in place and it works fine now. I don't have a soldering gun... :-/

You must be a Best buy computer tech!

I think the lesson here is SLOW DOWN when installing or removing hw from your cpu...

deliberate movements, and my favorite is always shine plenty of light on subject

theELVISCERATOR said:
You must be a Best buy computer tech!

lol, hahahahaha... that's funny :santa2: :clap: :bday:

I'm not tho. I'm just experimenting on this old machine. I'm getting a new one by the end of this year, so I'm trying to find a way to break my parts so I have a reason to buy a new one:D

termin@tor said:
lol, hahahahaha... that's funny :santa2: :clap: :bday:

I'm not tho. I'm just experimenting on this old machine. I'm getting a new one by the end of this year, so I'm trying to find a way to break my parts so I have a reason to buy a new one:D
Send it to me and tell yourself that someone stole it.

back to topic, are these capacitors all the same or are each of them different?

Back