• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socket eh?

I'm tired of listening to my Antec 400 hum all day. I'm running barton, one drive, 2 cd's, gig of ddr400, FX5900. Nothing too huge. What is the quietest 350+ out there, that isn't junk.

my fortron source 400 is almost inaudible with the fan turned all the way down.

I wanted a seasonic based on the stellar reviews but they were a bit too expensive. I've read that some of their models are also very silent.

It is known that silenx underrates (or i guess, overrates) their dba levels. 14dba is not really 14dba. while the fans are quiet, i've been told by various sources it's not 14dba.

Well, at least, not 14dba at the same way most fans are measured. Maybe 14dba from 6+ feet. I don't have silenx fans, so I can't really say. It's probably fairly quiet though, and at that price, likely decent.

Seasonic makes good quiet supplies, as does PC Power and Cooling (silent series).. although they're far from actually silent.

ya i can't hear my antec either...Socket eh? is it possible the fan on the psu is going bad?

Why not just put a new fan in it? I've put 80mm Vantec Stealths in 2 power supplies, and they are doing fine. I am in the process of modding one to use a 120mm fan, which will push even more air at lower dBa

Back