• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400-m AQYHA 0415 UPMW for my dad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David Coleman

So I'm putting together a computer for my dad to replace his Pentium II 450mhz Micron. Got a DFI NFII Ultra AL, 512 Geil, and the above mentioned stepping of Athlon XP from newegg. He really only knows about Intel stuff, and so I was hoping to get 2.4Ghz from this processor so he could compare it to other P4 systems (and realise it's faster). He understands the whole more-work-per-mhz thing that AMD's have, but it's hard leaving the darkside, ya know? :)

So, any experiences with this stepping? I found one guy on anandtech forums that hit 2.5+ on air on a AQYHA UPMW, but I dunno what week.

Here are the system specs, if it matters:
DFI NFII Ultra AL (Nforce2 Ultra MCP-T)
Athlon XP 2400 mobile
1x512 Geil Value Ram DDR 400 (mine runs 220FSB+)
Arctic Cooling "Copper Silent 2M" - seemed like a good option for cheap and quiet
Antec SLK3700AMB with SL350 Power supply
Geforce 4 MX440 8x 64mb
LiteOn 48x16 combo drive
36 Gig raptor
Mitsumi floppy drive/card reader

Should be a good comp for email, checking sports scores, and uploading digital camera pics from fishing trips. It might seem a bit overkill for that, but he bought the last comp in 1998, so this one has to last at least that long: that's right 2010. :eek:

So....thoughts?

I have three of them that will do 2300mhz at 1.7v. Any less voltage fails prime. Will not do anymore mhz even with 1.85v. I have tried in my soltek, deluxe, and m7ncd 400. Getting an nf7-s to try more vcore to it.

Let use know what you get.

fireburster said:
I have three of them that will do 2300mhz at 1.7v. Any less voltage fails prime. Will not do anymore mhz even with 1.85v. I have tried in my soltek, deluxe, and m7ncd 400. Getting an nf7-s to try more vcore to it.

Let use know what you get.

That's a bit discouraging :( What ram and FSB were you using?

[heatsink and vid card are on the fedex truck now, so we'll see how it does later today maybe....though I should study for that final....bah!]

Ive tried 12x200 but that doesnt prime over an hour. I have 2x256 hyperx pc3500 and 2x256 corsair xms 1.1 also.

I havent seen good speeds from any 2400m 45w really. I was hoping too since they were cheaper and i bought 3 of them when i should have bought one 2600m intead.

Well so far it's prime stable at 1.55V @ 10x200 burning in. 51deg under load though...Might keep it there as the computer (I'm on it now) is very quick and responsive due to the 10k RPM drive, and dead silent with the one 120mm case fan and arctic cooling HS.

Back