• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 grand overclocking mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IiviIoFoZ

Registered
Which mobos you think from the one's im listing is the best overclocking baby. Now I do not know which has AGP/PCI locked and which performs better, but pls tell me so. I will be overclocking this sucker to death, so keep that in mind. BTW Im not looking forward to the nforce 250 mobos so dont suggest that.

1. Abit KV8-MAX3
2.AOpen MK89-L nForce3 150
3.Asus K8V-SE Deluxe
4.Gigabyte GA-K8NPro nForce 150
5.Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP nForce 150
6.MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R

I need a cool mobo, good overclocking features. Working AGP/PCI lock is a big must.

They all have AGP/PCI locks. I can only vouch for the one I own though. Be careful, I just RMA'd mine today though, the board has a reputation of having problems with certian keyboards. But overall it's a very good motherboard. Also note that it doesn't have chipset voltage adjustment so overclocks will be somewhat limited.

that would be the K8n Neo Platinum right? and in chipset voltages you mean i cant raise the Vcore?

Yah im looking into the new Epox nf250. Correct me if im wrong but I just read a review bout it, and it said it supported 5x HT multiplier.

The gigabyte is a good one but not a good overclocker, so I heard from reviews. The Abit and Epox seem to be on par with one another besides the fact the Neo Platinum got some keyboard issues. :beer: :bang head :bday: :santa:

The MSI K8N has 5x HT too but I've never been able to boot with it. What I mean by chipset voltage, is the voltage going to the 250GB chip. You can raise the vcore, agp, and memory.

The keyboard port went bad. And it wouldn't boot. When it did boot, it would only stay on for 20 seconds while in the BIOS and if I tried to load windows it would reset and get stuck at black screen with keyboard initializing errors. I even ran it at stock, ran the memory at 3 cas to make sure it wasn't the ram too.

EDIT: Here's my thread at the msi forums, no one knew a fix so I sent it back.
http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=52263&sid=

That sux... I heard over at the Asus section for P4 board's that MSI got sued for faulty motherboard's.

Maybe thats what happend to you ? Hmmm i wonder... Have other people had problems with stuff going bad

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has had the keyboard issue. I knew it was bad when the board wouldn't boot after using a USB keyboard. It kinda made me mad, because it was supposed to be a brandnew board but didn't last a week. I could understand my 9800pro dieing after one day (it was refurbished I took my chance, I'm not mad it was totally my fault), but geez the board dieing like that was no excuse. Maybe I should have waited a week or so before buying, so I wouldn't end up being a "beta-tester".

lol, well i use a USB keyboard and i plan to egt the MSI board with a mobile 3000 clawhammer, but now that u say u heard others having the same problems i hope it isnt true ..... that msi boards are faulty.

Back