• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anolouge tft ( one short question )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some people sware they is, some people sware theres a difference, some people say they can't see any difference. But there will be a difference, becuase the signal has to be converted to Analog from digital and converted back.

At the moment i've got a dual input monitor but i'm running on Analog, in a week when i get paid i'm gonna get a DVI cable and do some IQ tests, (Though i don't know how all get any accurate data on what the monitor displays, perhaps i can scan the screen?)

There's a difference is text and colour above 1024X768; the quality gap widens the higher you go. Anything at or below that resolution is generally pretty similar.

Digital is simply better than the analogue signal.

Thanks for the replies guys, Its gonna be for mainly internet surfing and music, so thats fine

cheers

Depends on the panel also.. I have a samsung analogue only but compared to many dvi's it actually looks just as good and better than the dvi 8 bit panels.. All dvi does is set geometry/colour from the digital signal (yes there will be a small increase in quality using dvi but again, it depends on how good the panel is. A quality panel with top notch analogue components will show in all probablilty near zero difference) which is why with dual input displays you never have to set anyting with the dvi cable but with analogue you may or may not have to adjust settings.

Last edited:
Back