• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barton 2500 at 200x11 cant go higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyfury

can anyone help,
ive tryied various combos and thats the most stable.
the only other stable setting i get is 210x10 sometimes 11...im thinking it's my kingston 512 thats holding me back,i don't know much about the ram except that i got it cheap so its probably not a good performer...at that setting i idle at 46c...too hot! :mad:
i forgot to mention im using cheap 2700 ram

right now im at 1.75
with optimal timmings
i beleive 8-3-3-3-3 or something close to that
im running stock voltage on the ram ?>should i increase ram voltage>?

Why would it not be his RAM it is only rated to 166FSb so you now have it at 200FSB. I would say that is almost certainly your roadblock - even with the very relaxed timings you have. To check out if you can push the cpu further just try a lower FSB with a higher multi (say 180 x 12.5 to start with). Unfortunately you will not be able to do this if you have a superlocked desktop barton although you mention you have tried multi 10 suggesting you can change them.

depthad said:
mobo, voltage? it isnt your ram.

I'am sorry to disagree with you but how are you to know exactly what the cause of his system instability @ XXXX is and ruleing out the ram would take a series of memtest to see if you getting error's and maybe up the voltage to it or relax the timing's.

On my XP 2500 I could not go over 200 mhz till I set the vcore at 1.80. At 1.825 vcore I can run stable at 205mhz(X 11), but I never pushed it higher due to heat (made worse as we come into summer and the ambient temps are higher) Obviously every cpu is different, but that's been my experience. Good luck.

i was only ever able to get my 2500+ up to a 2800+ (whatever fsb and mult. that is i can't remember at the moment). Every time it went unstable i had to reset the BIOS via the jumper, and twice the BIOS crashed and i had to get a new chip. So i just stuck with what worked for me.

right now im at 205x11.5 at 1.75 cpu
and 2.6 on ram...stable but it leaves me wanting more...sigh, :-/

you trying any of the modded bios or the L12 trick? What's your stepping? For me, for some reason with my abit board, it just will not go over 201FSB. In memtest it's stable up to 237. IT's just not windows stable though. I'm thinking it may be the board, but try the bios an l12 mods

You might want to consider getting higher rated ram and maybe even a better heatsink. I don't know if the jetmaster you're using is good for extreme overclocking. I've had issues with ram not working in dual mode at high clock freq. Is your ram a dual set?

Back