• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deal i found for X800XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thraller

Registered
Deal i found for X800XT Platinum

X800XT Platinum w/ free shipping ($435)
http://www.slickdeals.net/#p4815

Now I'm thinking about this, but I also want to check out the 6800GT. Is the next-gen technology in 6800 cards worth it, or should I just bite the bullet and get an ati?

I would like some excellent HL2 performance and I don't know which type is best.

Last edited:
Basiclaly it looks to be ATI for best HL2 performance, and Nvidia for best doomIII performace, though no one really knows till both games are released.
Personally im going GT rout as it is chepaer and will OC just as nicely and give me good performance till 2-3gen later card comes out.

Thraller said:
X800XT Platinum w/ free shipping ($435)
http://www.slickdeals.net/#p4815

Now I'm thinking about this, but I also want to check out the 6800GT. Is the next-gen technology in 6800 cards worth it, or should I just bite the bullet and get an ati?

I would like some excellent HL2 performance and I don't know which type is best.

YA right ...gateway is a lying no good hunk a BS

you wont get it

They have more than 500 in backorder status right now; if you were to order today, your best delivery date is sometime in late July...

Albuquerque said:
They have more than 500 in backorder status right now; if you were to order today, your best delivery date is sometime in late July...

That is why everyone needs to calm down and wait till they are widely available. I do not see the logic behind going and preordering here, then seeing a better deal there, so cancel order here, then put one there, and blah blah. just be patient people.

Exactly... I didn't place my order with CDW to be "the first", I placed it because it was one of the cheapest. Later when Gateway had their $434 price out, I didn't cancel my previous order, I just had them pricematch it. If you try cancelling an existing order to place a "new" order, it's VERY likely that you've just extended your delivery date by at least another three weeks.

Back