• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help in overclocking a penitum 3 450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonicdrive

hey all i need help in overclocking a old gateway gp7-450 i would like to go over 500mz but i dont know how to overclock penitums soo if any experts can help please drop a line on this form
im new to oc so help with the basics is need thanks again

basicly, you need to up the fsb. mhz = fsb*multiplyer. because multiplyers are locked on intels, you gotta up the fsb. so just go to bios and move it up. make sure you have decent cooling tho. i dunno what kinda heatsinks you could get for that, but you could either put a good fan on it, or at LEAST make sure you have good airflow in your case.

I don't you can O/C that computer. Generally, Gateway motherboards that do not allow overclocking.

Your motherboard most likely is not going to have any bios options.

The chipset on your motherboard supports 66 MHz, 100 MHz and 133 MHz configurations.

I am guessing your PIII is at 100FSB. Meaning a mutli of 4.5. Your board might have a jumper to let you set the FSB at 133. Assuming your at 100FSB now, setting the motherboard to 133FSB will give you 4.5x133= 598.5 mhz. Which according to the www.cpudatabase.com means you will need around 2.0V. This is ofcourse assuming your board even has these options.

This is all the info I can find on your board. http://support.gateway.com/s//MOTHERBD/INTEL/2512701/2512701nv.shtml Couldn't find a manual. :(

Back