• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal probes waterproof??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not familiar with Digidocs but if the probe has a ceramic sheath then it should be pretty much water proof. I remember dipping resistance thermocouples in icy water during my varsity lab sessions years ago.

search around, I have seen stores that have an underwater probe thing for 3/8" tubing. Wish I could remember where.

Every temp probe I have seen is sealed, and waterproof. Not intended for underwater use, but hey it works as such.
Could always coat it in a thin thin thin layer of epoxy or glue to waterproof it and be sure.

cool
i thnk i will try it
whats the worst that could happen. i could break the digidoc and PS. well that would suck but hey we all have taken risk.

The heat shrink around the themistor connection is not water proof. You may want to seal it with silicone calking or epoxy. Note that the 5 minut epoxy is not water proof.

Back