• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe droop mod help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corleonee

Disabled
I need to do this mod because my vcore drops from 1.6 to 1.45 :mad:
I've never done mods or soldered anything but it shouldn't be that hard with a little help from you guys.
I ordered the gear for the mod which should be arriving in a few hours.
Ordered a soldering iron with a thin point. 27k+1k resistors as malves says. I'm using floppy cable as wire.

p4cdroop2.jpg

Has Malves linked these two resistors by soldering em on eachother ? How do you solder the cable on the resistor i dont get it :mad: On the picture it looks like its running through the resistors im confuzzled. help appreciated.

First, you cut off the long lead sticks out from each resistor, leaving about 4 cm each, bend them toward each other (you must first line up the two resistors right next to each other), once the two leads from each resistor touch each other, use your solder and just enough core, solder the two end to each other. If done correctly, they should stick to each other strongly. If you can separate them by just slightly twisting them, try soldering again since they are not strong enough and they may come off each other. Once you know they stick to each other securely/strongly, use electric tape to tape them from conducting anything else.

Now, the remaining part, do the same to the two remaining leads sticking out from each resistor. Cut them off, leaving about the same (length as above), solder one wire each from your floppy cable to each end of the resistor. Now, when done, yours should look very similar to that of Malves'. Tape them separately, securely so they won't conduct each other or anything else in that matter.

The hardest part is doing the part on the mobo. Be very careful since you may drip/spread the soldering core to other part and that may ground your mobo, eventually killing it. Also, keep in mind that once your start doing any modding to your mobo, warranty goes out the door. You are on your own from that point on.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

JC

I´d take the "alternate" soldering points. Its much easier to solder on them. Plus you dont have to be afraid, that you apply too much heat, so that the capacitor falls off.
Also there is a soldering guide, which might help you: How to..

Its the two blue dots you need to solder on:

droop2.jpg

Last edited:
Private Joker said:
I´d take the "alternate" soldering points. Its much easier to solder on them. Plus you dont have to be afrain, that you apply too much heat, so that the capacitor fals off.
Also there is a soldering guide, which might help you: How to..

Its the two blue dots you need to solder on:

droop2.jpg

Yeap, that's the method I used, too. It wasn't as hard as I originally thought. You just need a very thin solder point/tip. Don't use those large tips. Also, it's a good thing to use tip tinner (at Radio Schack) so you don't even have to use the soldering core. All you do is wait until your iron tip is hot, stick it in the tinner so its tip is thinned with just the right amount, then line up (or hold) the wire to the solderng point, then just lightly touch it with your iron. Ta da....it's done. Same thing to the other soldering point. :attn:

Back