• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EIO.SYS Error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
I have an intresting problem and I have no clue why this started. Whenever i try to install, open, uninstall or otherwise access Asus smartdoctor I get a blue screen saying this:
IO System Verification Error in EIO.SYS (WEDM DRIVER ERROR 226)
Beggining physical memory dump.. yada yada and thats all she wrote.

I googled the filename and it came back as an ASUS driver of some sort.. there werent alot of results. now get this. when i put it my drivers CD and the autorun goes, i get that same BSOD! i disabled autorun and took a look and sure enough EIO.SYS was in the root of that cd. im at a loss..

Whatever you need from that CD should be on Asus' site (I think you know that already but just in case if somebody else mentions that)
but for EIO.SYS that's just weird did you report to Asus? if not then you should
On the BSOD it should say the error code and some junk I think you should email at least to Asus with that code and if you want to you can report it to Microsoft

by any chance did you try to reinstall windows and got same BSOD?

Back