• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2500+ Mobile Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

I purchased a 2500+ mobile oem from newegg.com
my mobo is abit nf7-s
ram: 2x512mb Corsair XMS PC3200C2PT
after i inserted the cpu it said "unknown cpu type" but i was able to get it to 2.5ghz stable, is it suppose to say that or is it just my setup?

realtadiquantu said:
I purchased a 2500+ mobile oem from newegg.com
my mobo is abit nf7-s
ram: 2x512mb Corsair XMS PC3200C2PT
after i inserted the cpu it said "unknown cpu type" but i was able to get it to 2.5ghz stable, is it suppose to say that or is it just my setup?
My girlfriend's A7N8X-E Deluxe says the same thing, so it's not just you. It doesn't harm your computer at all, so it shouldn't be a problem :D

Athlon mobiles aren't really made for desktop motherboards even though they're basically the same chip. That's why it says unrecognized. It should still work fine though.....

Yupum. Same thing here. I bought a 35W 2200+ mobile. When it put it in my NF7-S, it said unknown cpu type (100x6)600MHz. Went into the bios changed some settings, burned it in, and viola, 2.4GHz:)
Good luck the mobiles oc like a mother:)

Back