• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omega drivers and others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

Is it really worth to install modified drivers like the omega drivers and the morpheus nforce drivers, will I notice a considerable difference?

Avg said:
Is it really worth to install modified drivers like the omega drivers and the morpheus nforce drivers, will I notice a considerable difference?

I dont like them, because it doesnt seem to support my aiw 9700 pro properly. After i install the 4.6 drivers, i get a list of drivers that have not been found. Im sticking with ATI's.

Zoltan

i like omegas drivers, havent had a problem with them, i've got a few hundred extra points in 3dmark03 with them

I got the 53.03 Omega drivers on my Ti. I gained a few hundred on 3dMark01, compared to the nVidia 53's. It also helped out game play some, even in parts I didn't know it lagged. They are more for gamers than benchmarkers. I'd reccomend trying them.

dont know about the nvidias, but the ati omega drivers are around 20% faster for my bud's 9600 pro then the cats. Especially in Far Cry and such.

It's personal preference really.

I always prefer ATI's Catalyst.

Omega driver packages come with some useful 3rd party apps such as ATI Tool, and RadLinker. But I don't use these, and when I need them, I can always download, and install them seperately. I personally think Omega is bloated.

Me, I always wait for the Omega cat's to be released before I up my drivers, I just like them... I use the radlinker to o/c my card only while I'm playing a game that needs it, and my card is underclocked while doing general browsing/ irc'ing

Avg said:
I really like Omega drives, they are feature laden, and stable, so I use them exclusively.

Thanks for the answers. I'll do some benchmarking with the Catalyst and then install the omega and see how many points I get and see if there is any improvement in games.

hrmm... so the performance increase is actually noticable? (as apposed to 100 pt increase in 3dmark03 omfG!!11)... maybe i should consider them eh?

My 3dmark actually got lower it went from 5551 to 5531 3dmarks. I didn't notice any difference while playing battlefield 1942.

Back