• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This should be interesting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matttheniceguy

I have been using a Thermaltake Aquarius 2 with 2 ducted fans on the radiator and the waterblock lapped to 2000 grit. It's not great, but it's not too bad either. At least untill the pump died, again.

Thermaltake will probably be replacing the pump, but I got to looking at other pumps and have ordered a Via Aqua 1300 assembled with 1/2 fittings. I am planning on eventually building a complete 1/2" system with homemade waterblocks and all that, but untill then, the Via Aqua 1300 will be getting attached to my aquarius system.

So, the original aquarius pump pushed something like 27 GPH with pretty much no head, and the new pump pushes 370 GPH with 6 feet of head. Obviously with the 1/4" diameter of the aquarius system I won't be getting the full 370, but should still get quite a bit. Think I will run into any major problems? The whole system fits together very tightly with silicone tubing, so I am not worried about it leaking, I am just wondering if my new pump is going to go nuts with soo much back pressure.

Back