• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Pro--Major Problems in Far Cry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike2002

Registered
I just helped a friend build a computer with an X800 Pro video card and a 64 bit 3200, 1 gig of RAM and an MSI motherboard and when he plays Far Cry at at least one setting at the highest, he gets some really really strange pictures. Here are some of the problems that occur during the game. If anyone has any idea as to what is happening we would really appreciate the help. Thanks alot.

Attachments

• FarCry(2).jpg
    FarCry(2).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 88
  • FarCry(3).jpg
    FarCry(3).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 73
wow that happens to me when i OC my video card too much or use a bad bios for my 9800pro->xt flash

Looks like, one way or another, the card is hosed. I had a 9800np that got seriously overheated when my VGA Silencer fan stopped (the fan cable backed out of the socket.) It worked without any problems in Windows and Dos, but was WAY screwed up in anything 3D.

I doubt it ever overheated, but it looks like something broke in a similar fashion... Sorry mang :(

Mike2002 said:
I just helped a friend build a computer with an X800 Pro video card and a 64 bit 3200, 1 gig of RAM and an MSI motherboard and when he plays Far Cry at at least one setting at the highest, he gets some really really strange pictures. Here are some of the problems that occur during the game. If anyone has any idea as to what is happening we would really appreciate the help. Thanks alot.
have you tried the 1.1 patch?

Eww, thats a massive amount of artifacting. Hold a tornado near it and make sure it blows on the card, see if that works. If it doesn't and the card is not OCed, defiently a return I'd say. If something can't run stock without screwing up, it's a manufacturer defect.

ADDED: I also noticed that the first screenies fraps wasn't messed up. I'm guessing something is up with the game.

Back