• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which way to point fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
i have 1x120mm in front bottom sucking air in, over hds.. 1x80mm over cpu pushing on cpu, 1x80mm in psu sucking air up(i believe, antec 350)and then out with another 80mm, 1x120mm blowing air out the back, but the position of them is all bunched up, the exhaust 120 is close to the cpu fan and the antec psu fan, should i reverse airflow maybe on the 120mm fans?

The rule for case flow is air in at the front (and side pannel) air out the back and the top. Which is what you have at the moment if i am correct. :)

yeah, only prob i sawe was the cpu and the exhuasr from psu and back fan being so close to the fan on the hs.. seems they are all pulling air though

maybe turn the CPU fan arround so it sucks off the CPU, sometimes that actually gives better CPU temps, would be worth a try. Thats the key with cooling stuff... try different arrangements, whatever gives the best temps is the best way for YOU to set up YOUR case.

last time i did that on the volcano 7+ a capaictor or cpu fried, i dont think i want to mess with the cpu fan anymore .. hehe

Back