• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best NF7-S bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom_ed1987

what would everyone say is the best bios to use on nf7-s rev 2? ive read many good things about many bioses and wondered if there was a "best" one?

because of my ram holding me back theres not much point getting one to enable 220fsb+ so are there any that make it more stable at X12.5 multiplier and higher?

thanks

http://s6.invisionfree.com/underclock/index.php?showtopic=42

That's where a buncha Tic Tac's bios's are. The most popular modded bios's that give people good returns are D10 (which may be unstable on some boards), D23, and D24. D10 Beta4 got me from 220 or so to 240. So that's the one I'm swearing by for now. But it seems a lot more common for people's motherboards to like D24's. I would try that out first and then try D10 Beta4.

Welcome to the forum Archangel4life & tom_ed1987

When flashing third party (or any mfgr) BIOS, make sure you have a back-up, incase the one you are using is disagreeble with your system.

What about a BIOS where you want it to be stable, fast, and allow high FBS? Isn't there one that sorta does the L12 mod for you? I don't care about SATA I just want it to be stable, fast, and be a good overclocker with some PC3500.

EDIT - Also Suma that link just brings be to some foregin host crap...

So if I was looking for a high FSB board to use SATA on I would go with a Tic Tac's bio?

Just pick up the latest compile?

tic tacs d23 and d24 or trats d24 bios should help you with that. Some people believe in the tic tac d10 bios if you're using memory with low timings..... just thought I'd add that. You may need to use the L12 mod also to get the high FSB.....

Back