• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clock Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TsZarathstra

Registered
I'm a little new at this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I have an Athlon XP 3200+, which I understand has a clock speed of around 2.2 gHz, but when I boot up my computer it says that my processor is running at 1.1 gHz, is that normal??

no that is not normal at all. you might want to check you bios i dont know what mobo you have but im pretty sure you bios setting changed somehow. go to you bios and makke sure that you set them for default or optimal settings to see if it helps. let us know if it worked also make sure to bring your system specs next time for better help =)

the FSB is set to 100 in the Bios which = 100 x 11 = 1100Mhz or 1.1Ghz. you want to se it to 200 which is 200 x 11 = 2200Mhz or 2.2Ghz.

This is a comon thing ive had it will all my boards and AMD chips so dont worry

Welcome To The Forum !

Hehe registered jsut to answer this for you. I came accross the exact same thing when I built my system with an Athlon XP 3200+ and the thign was that the motherboard had a little jumper close to the CPU location which had to be switched on or off, that would change it from going half speed or full speed. So just get something small or sharp and flip the switch (remember to turn off comp first) :cool:

Hey guys, sorry this is the first time Ive had a chance to check this since Monday. I'll try all of your suggestions and see if that helps. Just FYI, I'm running an:

Athlon 3200+ with a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L mobo, Thermaltake Polo 735 heatsink/fan, 1 gig pc3200 ram, 120 gig western digital hardrive and a radeon 9200 128 meg video card (replacing the vid card soon).

TsZarathstra , there is a dip switch on that board. its right by the CPU its factory set to 100 so flip it and that will allow you to run it to 200

Goodluck with it and post back with anymore ?'s

Thanx guys, that got it up and running just fine. Now if only i could find my bloody copy of Win2k I'd be in business, XP annoys me...

Back